Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Summer's End




Wow! Summer is over and SCHOOL has started. Naomi officially a kindergardener! So far so good and I just love watching her walk all in a line in her class. She blows me a kiss and waves bye and says "Bye Mom" every morning as she is walking away, totally happy, and its just so cute. She does it cause she thinks she is so big now. And she is.


This last summer she learned how to swim, going from tubes and floaties, to nothing at all. and I like to say that she looks more like she's drowning than swimming, but she can swim across the pool, using her arms and breathing. She "graduated" to the deep end during lessons and I was so proud. She was just happy that she got TWO jelly beans instead of one at the end of the lesson.
Erik has had rehearsals most of summer, and is in the middle of performing at the Woodland Opera House in "Tom Sawyer". It is a great show that Naomi loves and has seen three times, and plan to go and see it again. I really like it as well. It is a lot of fun. He'll start another one almost as soon as he is done, so he's been really busy.
Kaori turns 2 on Saturday! Where has the time gone?!? She is such funny, cute, little girl! After Saturday she won't be a baby anymore. Wow. She loves to sing about the monkey swinging in the tree laughing at the crocodile, the eency weency spider and the monkeys jumping on the bed. She's into wearing other people shoes, saying I don't know when you ask her anything, and when you ask her where something is, she says "right dehine you." She will copy anything you do or say. And when she is in trouble and you ask her if she wants to have a time out or some other punishment, she very clearly says while nodding her head, "yes!" She is just so darn cute!
I think that my favorite part of summer was watching Karen get married, meeting my nephew, Eldon's son, for the first time, and getting to spend a lot of time with family. And to top it all off, we got to see Becky and Randy again when they came to California to go to Karen's open house in Fresno, and went with us to not go paddle boating (that one was for you guys. Ahh, memories). Next year we have two more weddings to go to! Congratulations Cristina & Spencer and Alison & Shawn!
Man summer flew by fast! I have a feeling that this year will be even faster. I hope we slow down enough to live it well and make some memories. We love you friends and family and we think of you often!

No comments: