Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kaori's 6th Birthday


Kaori turned six this last week.  So weird for me.  I feel like she really is no longer a baby.  I probably said that last year.  Maybe I'm just finally accepting that. We are having a pink party because I think that this time next year we won't have such a pinkalicious kid anymore.  Here are some pictures to share because I love pictures!


The day of her birthday we told her that she could go anywhere she wants for dinner. 
 The evidence is behind me in the picture.  
Her favorite place:)



Here's the birthday girl flaunting her new stuff.  
Seriously these made her so happy..

  
On Saturday we had her party. 


Here is me getting all Pinterest on everyone. 
I liked how this looked but the picture doesn't quite capture it.
 Naomi and Kaori made the small pom poms.  
               
Here is all our pinkalicious food.  mmmm
Kaori and her pinkalicious cupcake. 




 and her pinkalicious dress.
Our pink punch, bucket of prizes, and pinkalicious books. 
Thanks mom and dad
for our festive pink party balloons:)
 






The Grandma's laughing.

The Papa's lounging.


All her honored guests, 10 and under.
We had to pull everyone from Kaori's
room in order to take this picture.
They were all in there sitting by themselves.
 Reading.  Seriously?
I could have done THAT party for two hours...
And the birthday girl puts on another pink dress.  

First they blew bubbles.
Never told them to line up on the edge of the grass that way.
I think they could have blown bubbles for the whole time.
They were having a great time.


Then they played limbo.  Cheaters...
And even Lucky is playing.

Next we did a pin the crown on something which isn't exciting in pictures. 
 Actually its barely exciting in person.  But I think they still like it at that age.  
But here she is after she opened the one thing she asked for her birthday.  
A "Brave" dress.  So we know what she is going to dress up as for Halloween.  
She also  got a CD and the dolls. She is happy:)

And she still has no breath.  It took her 3 tries to blow out her six candles. 
But I think our little girl had a  fun birthday.



The day was not over.  Our neice Allie had a  going away party right after Kaori's.  So we spent the rest of the evening at her house.  Can't believe that girl is 18 and leaving home.   Kinda crazy to think I met her when she was just 3.  And just in case you didn't notice, Kaori has changed clothes again...

And then the next day we spent time with Cristina and her family and Uncle Russell and Aunty Judy.  Busy weekend for us.  I am tired and happy that this week was more uneventful.  I included this picture because I love what my babies are wearing.  So it's cute:)




No comments: